For patients providing details through the contact form, the information is passed on to Eye Surgery Associates staff for their action and or response.
Apart from personal details provided through the contact form (which is collected to enable a response or action), this website does not collect or store any personally identifying information. Your information will not be passed onto any third party unless required to do so by law. It will not be used for direct marketing or traded.
When you access our website the following information is collected (by Google Analytics):
- Your source Internet protocol (IP) addresses, (this is a string of numbers that identifies the computer accessing the website). The IP address indicates the city (not the exact address) that the user is accessing the website from.
- Your internet browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome for example)
- Internet service provider details (Telstra, Optus or TPG for example)
- Your location (Victoria, NSW or Queensland are examples of the detail to which your location is identified)
- Basic user demographics such as age group (18-24 years is an example to which this detail is recorded) and Sex. Sensitive information such as race, religion, sexual orientation, health or financial status is unknown.
- The previous site you’ve visited (the site you visited immediately before accessing our website)
- Date and time of your visit to our site.
- Duration spent on different pages.
This de-identified information is used to monitor usage patterns (Google Analytics) on the site to improve the user’s experience
If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of this website then please make contact via the contact us page or contact Eye Surgery Associates. Should you be dissatisfied with the response, the Victorian Privacy Commissioner or the Victorian Health Services Commissioner.